International Physics Olympiad 2016
From the 11th to the 17th July 2016, over 400 talented young students from 84 different countries went head to head in the International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) at the University of Zurich. But the IPhO was not only an intellectual contest: It was also a great opportunity for the competitors to meet peers from all over the world.
The International Physics Olympiad 2016 was hosted by the following three organizations:
- University of Zurich, with its Department of Physics
- Office for Education of the Principality of Liechtenstein
- Science Olympiad Switzerland, with its member, the Swiss Physics Olympiad
The final report summarizes not just the achievements of the organizers but, in particular, the challenges encountered along the way. We hope that it will provide future organizers with best-practice experiences from behind the stage, delivering insight into the scale and diversity of the tasks that had to be completed to make the IPhO 2016 a success.
In order to communicate with the IPhO community and a broader public in Switzerland, we chose different channels: Social Media, Newsletter, PR and Media Relations, Videos and Pictures.
International Science Olympiads in Switzerland
Switzerland had and has the great opportunity of hosting other International Olympiads before and after the IPhO:
- International Chemistry Olympiad 2023
- European Girls' Olympiad in Informatics 2021
- European Girls' Mathematical Olympiad 2017
- International Biology Olympiad 2013
For questions or other requests:
Please feel free to contact our team at the office of Science Olympiad Switzerland. We will be happy to assist you.